Skip to content

General

Welcome to Choosy’s official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? I want to hear from you!

General

Categories

266 results found

1. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I propose adding a trigger that allows you to create rules based on the time of day. As an example, I might make a rule that if it is between 9:00-17:00 then open Chrome. And if it's between 17:00-23:00, then open Firefox. And if it's really late, open Safari to drive me nuts ;-P

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Like once a day, it just stops working, and I need to enable it in preferences...

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I can install the preferences pane, and rules that aren't based on "Source Application" seem just fine.

When I pick the application for a "Source Application" rule, the file picker shows up and I can select something, but it isn't then reflected in the rule in the list of rules. I tried anyways hoping it was just a visual glitch, but alas the rule isn't working.

Choosy seems like exactly what I've been looking for if I can get a source application rule working!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd love to have the option to search google in whatever browser is currently running. For some reason, searching Google from a cocoa-app always opens Safari, which isn't always the best choice.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Choosy looks great and the idea behind it is exactly what I want to achieve. But it's just not working for me.

It seems to be functioning, but nothing happens when I click a link that should be trapped. They just open in Chrome as usual. I don't even get the popup to choose a browser.

I'm trying to get links in Gmail to my SSB apps like basecamp to open in the SSB. I installed ChoosyFluid, but when it runs it doesn't detect any SSBs to work with (i have 5 in my apps folder and on the dock)…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With Choosy 0.9.1 beta there seems to be a problem when you try to open files (I tried with an HTML page) on your hard drive. Opening links (e.g. from Mail) works as expected but a file does not. Here is the console output (when Choosy starts):

10/02/09 21:01:40 Choosy[514] Failed to get an int preference for runningMode (value was (null))
    10/02/09 21:01:40 Choosy[514] Failed to get an int preference for generalMode (value was (null))
    10/02/09 21:01:40 Choosy[514] Failed to get an int preference for displayMode (value was (null))
    10/02/09 21:01:40 Choosy[514] Failed to get an int preference for iconSize…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are several improvements to this in the 0.9.3 release:
    1) Choosy properly registers itself with the OS as a viewer app for HTML files
    2) There are separate settings for using Choosy as the default app for HTML files and the default app for HTTP URLs
    3) The advanced behaviour rules system allows you to set up specific rules for local files (e.g. I have them set to open in TextMate by default but if I hold shift while opening the file I get a TextMate/Firefox/Validator prompt)

I’m hoping updates should solve the problems you’ve been having, let me know in the comments if there are any more issues. If not I’ll close this issue.

There was another issue that’s just been fixed: There was a problem opening local files that had special characters (e.g. spaces) in the file names.

9. I run Chrome with four different profiles. I love that Choosy makes it possible to use each of the profiles as a separate browser option. On feature that would make life just a little bit smoother is the ability to customize the icon for each browser. It would make it quicker and easier to identify and select the browser I want to send the page to.

Also, thank you for making Choosy! It has proven to be a great tool for me!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would really appreciate the option for in-browser links to be routed through Choosy. I use many Site-Specific Browsers and I mainly bought Choosy to have it automatically direct to the appropriate SSB while using my main browser.

For example. I'd like to direct all YouTube URLs to an SSB of a specific account. If I I'm not paying attention, which is likely to happen eventually, I'll slip up and forget to open the url with Choosy.

I read an older comment that it was by design, but I think it's worth reconsidering. Choosy could default to the way it…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've configured Mac OS X Big Sur to use Choosy 2.2.1 as my standard browser. In Choosy, I've got a rule to open a website with my favorite browser. But that doesn't work. Links are not opened anymore.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve not had any reports of problems in Big Sur other than the few comments here, and Choosy is working fine for me on Big Sur on both Intel and M1 Macs.

Can anyone provide any further detail beyond “it’s not working”?

12. Orion browser allows to install extensions from both Firefox and Chrome extension stores. I can install the extension but clicking the icon in the toolbar does nothing. It might be an issue on the Orion side of things, but I'm also opening this suggestion here in case there's something that can be done.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm trying to get my ms teams links (I click these several times a day) I can point to the app and open the meeting. currently this opens the app but does not deep link to the meeting I just have to go via a browser which then leaves a window open.

I found this on a different product but I'm not about to switch just for this feature.. be nice if it worked though :)

https://github.com/johnste/finicky/issues/137

love the product btw

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One of the main differences between browsers on mobile platforms, in particular on OS X, is their energy consumption. Consistently using Safari for example can result in a difference in uptime of more than 2 hours, compared to Chrome. It would be great to have the option to choose a favorite / best browser based on the state of the battery or based on the fact if the laptop is currently charging or not.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Like if you visit a domain semi frequently, but not enough that you want to create a new rule, have a setting so it will automatically create the rule if you want it to.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When clicking a link in e.g. Mail, it's horrible to be teleported to a workspace where I have other Chrome windows because Chrome insists on opening new windows in a new tab in a new window. This script used to work (and I was able to make Choosy use it), but now it ends up creating a second instance of Chrome (wow, had no idea that was possible with any Mac app!!). This new instance doesn't have my bookmarks and is not logged into the sites where the "original" chrome instance is logged in. That wasn't a problem before, It…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since I installed macOS 11.6, Choosy v2.2.1 shows the main window every time I restart my computer. Is there a way to allow Choosy to start in background mode? I have to close the main window every time I turn on the computer and it is a bit annoying. Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Safari 17 with profiles Compatibility
    Is this on the planned list ?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi,

Office 365 an may be other have something link "secure links" which changes the incoming to a verification services. Problem with that links that they are not my configured rules.

So it would be nice to add custom url shortener services which Choosy can use to expand urls.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am using Choosy at work, where I use Firefox for work stuff, Safari for personal stuff, and Fluid for Gmail. I have Choosy set to launch links from Entourage in Firefox and links from the Fluid/Gmail application in Safari. Works great -- except that it's spawning an extra window when I click on a link in Fluid. Can you fix?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?