Skip to content

General

Welcome to Choosy’s official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? I want to hear from you!

General

Categories

4 results found

1. Profile support for ffox on the mac is a bit opaque, but I use it to keep a completely separate environment for e.g. online banking.

From the shell ".../Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -ProfileManager" lets you create new profiles, and then ".../Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -ProfileManager -P ProfileName" will launch firefox with a particular profile.

When you launch ffox this way, you can have multiple copies of it running at the same time. I don't really expect choosy to know what to do here automatically (prompt maybe?).

However, when you quit any ffox instance Choosy loses track of the other running ffox processes and no longer shows…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would love to support Firefox profiles in the same was as Chrome profiles (where each profile can be treated as a distinct browser). Unfortunately, that hasn’t been possible to achieve so far.

Firefox does have command line arguments that can be used to launch a new instance of the browser for a specific profile, but once it’s running there’s no way I can find to control which profile a newly opened link will be sent to (the closest I’ve been able to get is forcing Firefox to start a another new instance for the profile, which opens the link in the right profile, but also causes the previous profile instance—and any windows or tabs it had open—to quit).

I’ll keep coming back and reviewing this—maybe it will become possible in future Firefox versions.

2. I've configured Mac OS X Big Sur to use Choosy 2.2.1 as my standard browser. In Choosy, I've got a rule to open a website with my favorite browser. But that doesn't work. Links are not opened anymore.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve not had any reports of problems in Big Sur other than the few comments here, and Choosy is working fine for me on Big Sur on both Intel and M1 Macs.

Can anyone provide any further detail beyond “it’s not working”?

3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. sometimes an program tries to open an link, but i dont want to go there...

Please add an option to discard the link...

or is it possible to add an non existent browser?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?