Skip to content

General

Welcome to Choosy’s official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? I want to hear from you!

General

Categories

114 results found

1. When using pie menu display, the Real Memory allocation increases by about 3 megs each time you click a URL.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am using Choosy to separate my work and personal browsing.

I have set it up to show the prompt from links from the apps Airmail and Skype like this:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/s/qnkwqcli8mhmswg/Screenshot_2016-07-15_10-13-51.png?dl=0

This works well in Skype, but it is not working in Airmail...

I have another rule that shows the prompt when I hold FN and click on a link (in any app) and that rule does work in Airmail.

PS:
    Thank you SO much for the latest update. It is amazing. I use choosy every day and I am very happy to see it getting better.

I appreciate your…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and Choosy 1.2.1. I just created a fresh install of macOS and, using the latest 1.2.1, was able to get Choosy successfully installed, licensed and confirmed working. However, whenever I attempt to create a rule under Advanced by pressing the "+", System Preferences crashes (Kernel Protection Failure) and produces the error "System Preferences quit unexpectedly while using the Choosy plug-in". I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall and reboot the system. If it's helpful I can forward the Problem Details and System Configuration log that is produced when the error occurs. I'm also happy to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Chrome: v74

Steps to reproduce...
    - In Chrome, add a new profile (Person) and choose an icon (e.g. Elephant)
    - In Choosy Settings ==> Browsers, the new Person appears, but with the default Chrome icon.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For Firefox Nightly, I was able to add your regular Firefox extension and it works just fine. But Safari Tech Preview doesn't recognize or even link to a workable extension.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe this one should be resolved by the recent changes in Choosy 2.1: we’ve switched to a new Safari App Extension, which Safari should pick up by default on any machine with Choosy 2.1 or later installed.

6. The Choosy Preferences window keeps showing after restart despite being set to “Hide” in the System Preferences › Users & Groups › Login Items area. It would be great for the Choosy Preferences window to not show after a restart.

This seems like a bug to me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looks like this was an issue with a login item being left around after the 1.x to 2.x upgrade, and it was resolved by removing the old login item.

7. Coherence X - https://www.bzgapps.com/coherence is an app that allows keeping environments isolated from each other.

Though Choosy detects the browser-based applications Coherence X creates and allows to add them to the list of browsers, link-opening either via tabbing in the popover or via pre-defined rules does not work.

Any plans to support Coherence X?

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There was a bug on the Coherence X side that meant Choosy could not send URLs to the apps created by Coherence X.

After talking to the Coherence X developers, they’ve found a fix and it should be working in the latest version.

8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. say i want to open something in Safari...instead of getting the pop up window of browsers if i press opt-click on link it would open in Safari or something like that...i know that some have many browsers to choose from so having that huge selection every time can be annoying...i only have 2 at the moment and it get to be a pain...so the option to open in desired browser with a modifier key included in the click would be great...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It seems that I can't add a specific browser to the list, so I would like you to add Shiira to be recognized automatically.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I just downloaded Choosy last night. Upon installation, I was able to see and configure a rule in the Advanced behaviour rules panel. However, after restarting the machine later in the evening, I can no longer see the contents of the panel. If I click on the blank panel, I can bring up the various drop downs.
    Mid 2014 13 inch MBP Retina, Yosemite

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have a fix for this, but sadly it’s El Cap only. It’ll be in the next release, sometime in the next few weeks, but that release will also be El Cap only.

12. Choosy does not load. Opening it from the System Preferences reveals an error: "Could not load Choosy preference pane"

The console reports the following:
    choosy System Preferences[772]: ### com.choosyosx.ChoosyPrefPane instantiatePrefPaneObject exception:You must specify the URL of the appcast as the SUFeedURL key in either the Info.plist or the user defaults!

I've tried Choosy 1.3, 1.2.1 and 1.1 with no avail

I've uninstalled it and deleted Library subfolders to "start fresh"

I'm using OSX 10.11.6 and Choosy has been working fine for many months. I really don't understand why it stopped working.

I'm a registered user and don't really care about…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Choosy 2.0 is out now, and is now a stand alone app (rather than a system preference pane), so this system preferences issue should be resolved.

13. It would be great to create a rule for AirDropped Urls (like from phone to mac).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This was added in Choosy 2.1, which was just released.

It’s probably worth noting that 2.1 also fixed a bug where a link sent to Choosy while the prompt was shown would be lost—now this bug is fixed, Choosy will queue up links and handle them after the prompt is closed. If you are AirDropping a bunch of links to your Mac in quick succession, this might also be helpful behaviour and might mean in some cases you don’t need an AirDrop rule.

14. When I open the Choosy pref pane, I immediately see red text at the bottom and think, "oh no! what's wrong?"

Nothing is wrong - you're drawing my attention to a non-essential piece of information to tell me that you're thankful I registered.

1. Ideally, you would swap out the license info form for a display of my information (I shouldn't need to click "Save" again once my license key was verified).

2. At the very least, use black text for this message (or other HIG-compatible color that does not usually signify an error).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. example: selecting item in NetNewsWire to open in browser in background, with Choosy enabled, browser opens link but brings itself to foreground application.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is done, and will be included in the next Choosy release (version 0.9.1). The fix also applies to opening links from Mail while holding down the command key and other situations where the browser is meant to open in the background.

16. If select Camino from Choosy popup I get a Ca't open as already open' message from Camino

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Doodledoo Link int the Chossy 0.91 About Screen points to http://wwww.doodledo.info/ (4w)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This final version is more buggy than the beta? Camino now wont open if I use Choosy, keeps crashing. Doesn't matter if the app is already running or not. But only when I use Choosy to open it.
    As Camino didn't update for quite some time now and Choosy just did I fear the bug is on your end.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think that you would get much more traffic if you sent this app to apple downloads. They get more than 50,000 downloads a day, so with people searching, you would become much more recognized.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I purchased Choosy yesterday, and it's been running since. However, I nearly fell off my chair when I switched to Task Manager, and see that Choosy is at the top of the list with 515MB Real Memory used.. That's about 100MB more than FireFox with 28 tabs open!

Are you aware of any memory problems?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?