General

Welcome to Choosy’s official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? I want to hear from you!

General

Categories

1. I'd love to be able to sync the rules between multiple machines so I don't have to re-create rules on my desktop, laptop, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I love that Choosy supports individual Chrome profiles. Unfortunately the feature does not work with Google Chrome Beta or Google Chrome Canary. Would it be possible to support profiles in those browser variants as well?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I guess that's on the list for the next version anyway, but maybe it is worth considering a small update version in case the next prod version is not on the horizon anytime soon already :-)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I try to add a Google account to an app like Fantastical, the oAuth link results in a 400 Error when Choosy is used to pass the URL to the browser.

For example, when using Choosy to pass the link from Fantastical to Safari, the requested URL starts with "https://accounts.google.com/signin/oauth/legacy/consent?authuser=0&part=blahblahblah....."

This URL results in a 400 Error ("The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That’s all we know.").

When I disable Choosy, and just have the link open in the default browser, the URL passed looks different. It looks…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When setting up a rule, if the resulting action ends in "...", the interface does not make clear what the user should do to finish the setup process. The simplest way to make the interface clearer would probably be to change the text on the "Change" button to something like "Pick" or "Choose", and perhaps use a placeholder with text like "No browser chosen" where the browser icon and browser name would be once a browser has been chosen.

If you were to redesign the interface a little bit more, it might make sense to make the entire area below…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If, for example, I type in a GitHub URL or click on a link in the browser that points to a GitHub URL, and I have Choosy set up to open GitHub URLs in a different browser (such as a single-site browser), it would be nice if the Choosy extension could automatically capture that URL and open it in the specified browser, rather than depending on me clicking the Choosy toolbar icon.

Does this make sense?

Basically, links in the browser should behave like links in, say, Mail, and open in the correct browser rather than just the browser you're…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Installed 0.93 over previous version. Each time I click on the pref pane, it tells me Choosy is not enabled. I tick all four boxes in the "enable Choosy" section, click "Start helper now" and press Cmd-Q.

On going back to the pref pane, I am warned about Choosy not being enabled AGAIN. All four boxes are unticked and the helper is shown as not running. (BTW, the first click on Choosy changes the title bar to "Loading Choosy" but the pane does not appear — I have to click it again to get this far)

This happens even if I…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The current version of Safari 4.0 beta is not detected as "running" by Choosy resulting in some annoying behavior.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if you could make FileMaker google oauth play nice with a secondary browser, e.g. Vivaldi. I get as far as getting the rule to work: w.o.w. Vivaldi opens, automatically accepts, FileMaker continues the login... but Vivaldi stays open with the window open as well. And this is exactly the outcome that I want to avoid. After 10 auths there are windows all over the place. It would be nice if the operation works just like the browser is the default browser: if it is not open, it starts, opens the auth window, authenticates, closes the window,…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?